Important Tips for Flawless Infinity Sun Airbrush Tan
How do I prepare before the session?
- Exfoliate! 24 hours prior to your appointment, clear away any dry, dead skin cells with a pH balancing exfoliating scrub, such as Mystic Tan Base Exfoliator (sold in Hollywood Tans of Fairfax & Springfield salons).
- Avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, or in-shower moisturizers. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin.
- Avoid using Dove Soap or Lotion. These products leave film on your skin which causes uneven blotch tan result.
- Any waxing or shaving should be completed 24 hours prior to the session.
- The day of the session, do not apply anything to the skin that may act as a barrier between the sunless solution and the skin. No lotions, creams or perfumes prior to the session. Use deodorant sparingly.
- Remove any make-up prior to sunless application.
- Wear loose fitting dark clothing and remove jewelry. Tight clothing can rub or smear bronzers, especially around the knees, elbows and waist.
- Truly pamper your skin by first doing a red light therapy session. More information can be found on Red light therapy page.
What do I wear during the session?
- We recommend you take protective mesures to eliminate inhalation or ingestion during your spray tan session, such as wearing:
* protective eyewear
* Nose filters
* Sealing lips with lip balm
* protective undergarments
Protective Gear: Eye google, Nose plug and Thong
are available for sale at the salon
- Your custom airbrush service will be performed by a qualified technician. You may wear underwear or a bathing suit (women may opt for no tan lines with a female technician, men need to cover up). We are professionals.
- Do not wear silk, satin or nylon as the solution may stain these fabrics. Old / dark bathing suits cut to where you want your tan lines work best.
- Your technician will have prewrapped disposable undergarments for sale.
The following products will lighten or make an airbrush tan spotty:
Dove soap and Dove products
Hair thinning lotion or removing lotion
Anti-aging products or AHA’s
Beta Hydroxy Acids-salicylic acid
Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin)
Toners containing alcohols or witch hazel
Anti-acne products(Accutane, salicylic acid)
Facial masks and scrubs
Pore cleansing facial strips
Bleach products for body hair
Hot tubs, chlorine and salt water
How fast will my tan develop?
- Tan continues to develops for the next 6-8 hours after an airbrush tan session.
- Wait at least 6 hours before taking shower. If you can, wait until the next morning for a longer lasting tan result.
How will my tan look and how long will it last?
- For a flawless longer lasting custom airbrush tan result, we highly recommend pre-spray normalize treatment (ph balancing formula) for perfectly prepped skin.
- No "orange" color development - We feature Infinity Sun airbrush solution, giving natural color results for any skin type.
- Clients can expect 5-7 days of gorgeous "just off the beach" color with proper maintenance.
- Moisturize your skin daily for longer lasting tan. Ask about Mystic enhancer. This DHA and vitamin-enriched daily skin-nourishing lotion promotes health-looking skin, while boosting and extending
- A woman’s tan can be directly affected by her hormones. Considering her cycle, it can cause blotchiness or the color not to develop as dark as normally. It’s not common, but it happens.
- Oily skin types usually develop lighter and require an extra spray after 24-48 hours to get your base color.