Important Tips for Flawless Sunless Spray Tan
How do I prepare before the session?
- Exfoliate! 24 hours prior to your appointment, clear away any dry, dead skin cells with a pH balancing exfoliating scrub, such as Mystic Tan Base Exfoliator (sold in Hollywood Tans of Fairfax & Springfield salons).
- Avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products, or in-shower moisturizers. These products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin.
- Avoid using Dove Soap or Lotion. These products leave film on your skin which causes uneven blotch tan result.
- Any waxing or shaving should be completed 24 hours prior to the session.
- The day of the session, do not apply anything to the skin that may act as a barrier between the sunless solution and the skin. No lotions, creams or perfumes prior to the session. Use deodorant sparingly.
- Remove any make-up prior to sunless application.
- Plan on wearing loose dark clothes and sandals after your spray session. Tight clothing can rub or smear bronzers, especially around the knees, elbows and waist.
- Truly pamper your skin by first doing a red light therapy session. More information can be found on Red light therapy page
The following products will lighten or make
Mystic tan spotty:
- Dove soap and Dove products
- Hair thinning lotion or removing lotion
- Anti-aging products or AHA’s
- Beta Hydroxy Acids-salicylic acid
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, Tretinoin)
- Toners containing alcohols or witch hazel
- Anti-acne products(Accutane, salicylic acid)
- Facial masks and scrubs
- Pore cleansing facial strips
- Wax depilatories
- Depilatory products
- Bleach products for body hair
- Hot tubs, chlorine and salt water
What do I wear during the session?
- Mystic & VersaPro sessions are completley private so you may opt for no tan lines or you may bring your own protective undergarment. Your custom airbrush service will be performed by a certified technician. You may wear underwear or a bathing suit (women may opt for no tan lines with a female technician, men need to cover up). We are professionals.
- We recommend you take protective mesures to eliminate inhalation or ingestion during your spray tan session, such as wearing:
* protective eyewear
* Nose filters
* Sealing lips with lip balm
* protective undergarments
Protective gear: eye goggle, nose plug amd thong
are available for sale at the salon
How fast will my tan develop?
- Tan continues to develops for the next 8 hours after a session.
- Wait at least 8 hours before taking shower or wait until the next morning for longer lasting tan.
Ask about Mystic Tan Accelerator Additives This extra step helps balance your skin's ph level for more natural looking tan and accelerates sunless tan development, so you see results in half the time! Perfect for anyone who wants faster results and a better looking, deeper tan!
- For VersaPRO, we highly recommend PH normalize pre-spray & Hydrating moisturize post-treatment. These extra steps help balance your skin's ph level and pamper your skin for flawless longer lasting tan result result.
How will my tan look and how long will it last?
- Clients can expect 5-7 days of gorgeous "just off the beach" color with proper maintenance.
- Moisturize your skin twice daily, (morning & night) for longer lasting tan. Ask about Mystic enhancer. This DHA and vitamin-enriched daily skin-nourishing lotion promotes health-looking skin, while boosting and extending your airbrush tan results.
- A woman’s tan can be directly affected by her hormones. Considering her cycle, it can cause blotchiness or the color not to develop as dark as normally. It’s not common, but it happens.
- Oily skin types usually develop lighter and require an extra spray after 24-48 hours to get your base color.